Friday, November 21, 2014[bn_coveritlive id="0ac2e11192"]... Read More
Monday, November 17, 2014Section VI teams went 4 for 4 in winning titles on State Championship Sunday. * I-Prep boys soccer won the Class D championship downstate in Middletown. Here is Mary Jo Monnin's story last week ... Read More
About the reporters
Miguel Rodriguez, a Buffalo native and University of Rochester graduate, began his career at The News in 2003 as a sports copy editor and joined the high school sports beat in 2014. One of the most versatile members of the sports department, he has covered all manner of high school, college and professional events, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The former college hockey goalie has contributed to the Sabres beat, covered youth hockey and reported from the IIHF World Junior Championship and the men's and women's NCAA Frozen Four.
Keith McShea, named deputy sports editor in 2014, has covered high school sports at The News since his hiring in 1999. The 1995 University at Buffalo graduate and Long Island native (North Babylon Bulldogs) has covered — and live blogged — everything from scrimmages to state championships & helps head The News' All-Western New York selections.
- #PrepTalkLive from state semifinal football and state swimming
- #PrepTalkLive from Class D state semifinal: Randolph vs. IV-Tioga
- Our first Prep Talk Podcast: Snow-altered schedules, previewing big football games, Connolly Cup & it'll be a tough Power 10
- PrepTalkTV: Connolly Cup's 10 finalists announced
- Cheektowaga's state football semifinal game rescheduled