Friday, October 17, 2014It is Week Seven of #PrepTalkLive, which means rivalry games, the final weekend of the Section VI regular season and playoffs spots on the line. But the Game of the Week doesn't fall into those catego... Read More
About the reporter
Miguel Rodriguez, a Buffalo native and University of Rochester graduate, began his career at The News in 2003 as a sports copy editor and joined the high school sports beat in 2014. One of the most versatile members of the sports department, he has covered all manner of high school, college and professional events, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The former college hockey goalie has contributed to the Sabres beat, covered youth hockey and reported from the IIHF World Junior Championship and the men's and women's NCAA Frozen Four.
Keith McShea, named deputy sports editor in 2014, has covered high school sports at The News since his hiring in 1999. The 1995 University at Buffalo graduate and Long Island native (North Babylon Bulldogs) has covered — and live blogged — everything from scrimmages to state championships & helps head The News' All-Western New York selections.
- How The News Voted (Post Week Seven): Sweet Home moves up to No. 3
- Section VI football postseason schedule
- Sweet Home coach John Faller on win over Will South
- Sweet Home's Kevin Torrillo
- #PrepTalkLive from Week Seven's #WHOAsaturday: Canisius great comeback to beat Mooney, St. Mary's beats St. Joe's, Ken East beats Ken West