Stories by Keith McShea
About the reporters
Miguel Rodriguez, a Buffalo native and University of Rochester graduate, began his career at The News in 2003 as a sports copy editor and joined the high school sports beat in 2014. One of the most versatile members of the sports department, he has covered all manner of high school, college and professional events, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The former college hockey goalie has contributed to the Sabres beat, covered youth hockey and reported from the IIHF World Junior Championship and the men's and women's NCAA Frozen Four.
Keith McShea, named deputy sports editor in 2014, has covered high school sports at The News since his hiring in 1999. The 1995 University at Buffalo graduate and Long Island native (North Babylon Bulldogs) has covered — and live blogged — everything from scrimmages to state championships & helps head The News' All-Western New York selections.
- #PrepTalkLive from Monsignor Martin girls lacrosse championship & more
- Prep Talk Player of the Year for boys volleyball: Zach Yerington, Hamburg
- Prep Talk Player of the Year for girls volleyball: Leah Meyer, St. Mary's
- Prep Talk Player of the Year for boys soccer: Shane Greene, Hamburg
- #PrepTalkLive from Section VI girls lacrosse & softball championships, and more
All-WNY football database
How many first-team All-Western New York picks has your school had? Who made the team this year, last year, or 20 years ago, or 40?