Stories by Miguel Rodriguez
About the reporters
Miguel Rodriguez, a Buffalo native and University of Rochester graduate, began his career at The News in 2003 as a sports copy editor and joined the high school sports beat in 2014. One of the most versatile members of the sports department, he has covered all manner of high school, college and professional events, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The former college hockey goalie has contributed to the Sabres beat, covered youth hockey and reported from the IIHF World Junior Championship and the men's and women's NCAA Frozen Four.
Keith McShea, named deputy sports editor in 2014, has covered high school sports at The News since his hiring in 1999. The 1995 University at Buffalo graduate and Long Island native (North Babylon Bulldogs) has covered — and live blogged — everything from scrimmages to state championships & helps head The News' All-Western New York selections.
- Timon hoops coach steps down
- You make the call on the 2015 All-WNY girls basketball team
- Sirianni steps down as Southwestern football coach
- Review Canisius and Park winning overall state titles & all of Federation championship weekend
- #PrepTalkLive from Federation championships: Williamsville South girls in Class A final at noon
All-WNY football database
How many first-team All-Western New York picks has your school had? Who made the team this year, last year, or 20 years ago, or 40?