Stories by Miguel Rodriguez
About the reporters
Miguel Rodriguez, a Buffalo native and University of Rochester graduate, began his career at The News in 2003 as a sports copy editor and joined the high school sports beat in 2014. One of the most versatile members of the sports department, he has covered all manner of high school, college and professional events, including the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The former college hockey goalie has contributed to the Sabres beat, covered youth hockey and reported from the IIHF World Junior Championship and the men's and women's NCAA Frozen Four.
Keith McShea, named deputy sports editor in 2014, has covered high school sports at The News since his hiring in 1999. The 1995 University at Buffalo graduate and Long Island native (North Babylon Bulldogs) has covered — and live blogged — everything from scrimmages to state championships & helps head The News' All-Western New York selections.
- #PrepTalkLive from Friday's baseball, softball, lacrosse and more
- #PrepTalkLive from Thursday's action, including a great lax doubleheader at Hamburg
- All-Western New York basketball: First teams announced Friday, annual All-WNY issue Saturday
- #PrepTalkLive from Wednesday's lacrosse, baseball, softball & more
- #PrepTalkLive from Tuesday's baseball, softball, lacrosse & more
All-WNY football database
How many first-team All-Western New York picks has your school had? Who made the team this year, last year, or 20 years ago, or 40?